[Discussion] About ZigBee2CUBE and NON-Zigbee 3.0 devices compatibility

Done. Thank yout @Teki

The Smart human presence sensor M100 (ceiling human breathe sensor) Model ZY-W100 is detected by iHost, however when clicking on the toggle button Off-on the message ‘Failed to control’ appears. The device is also not working and always remains in Off

Hello,

Please, is there any idea when this device will be supported or if it will be?

some questions here:

• Could iHost show if a device has been discovered by iHost Zigbee or Zigbee2CUBE?
  • How is it possible to identify that new devices will be discovered by Zigbee2CUBE? Could there be some version in the feature?

Zemismart TB26-6-gang smart wall switch, Zigbee Don´t recognize buttons, conected directly to iHost ver. 1.6.2 with Zigbee2CUBE.

Woring on the compatibility, let you know if we have progress.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know

Hello I have Moes Model AM43-0.45/40-ES-EB manufactured by Moes

Zigbee ID: TS0601 | _TZE200_zah67ekd | _TZE200_rddyvrci

It’s not working with iHost, I can add it, but it doesn’t have the right features.

That’s because the only front-end UIs that eWeLink CUBE currently supports are: switch classes, lighting classes, and some sensor classes. The device you added doesn’t currently have a functional UI or device type card to display, so of course it won’t work - we can’t guarantee access to all types of devices because there are too many of them. What we’re trying to do right now is, on the types and capabilities that I’ve just mentioned, get the compatibility right – then add new capabilities and types of devices

1 Like

I have a 2 channel relay of brand Nova Digital Zigbee 3.0 Tuya (
_TZ3000_pxfjrzyj) with the same behavior reported by @christiansbalz.
When I click at button 1 or 2, turn on the two channels together.

I sent the report with Operation and Debug Log and I got the answer:

this device only works with the Tuya gateway, we test with various gateways and it performs the same issue.
please contact the switch manufacturer.

Zigbee is an stadard protocol.

If any device is not recognized, so there is something wrong and we need to find the cause to report someone is not following the standard.

Exemple:
Philips Hue (single colour, model LWA010) is a zigbee device and cannot be paired on NSPanel Pro.

Who is wrong? Nobody knows.

“Zigbee is an stadard protocol” that is true, but it’s a layer.
The messages that you make to go through this protocol can be different. The zigbee 3.0 tried to standardize the messages, but you can make a custom payload.

The point is, if there is a lot of brands with Hubs comunicating with Tuya devices, that is not impossible to do.

In addition, all these devices works with zigbee2mqtt that is open source, can be used as good starting point.

Regarding the Philips Hue, the NSPanel Pro is wrong as the Philips Hue works in Smartthings, Amazon Echo, HomeAssistant, and others.

Controlling the device physically, the channels are reflected in real time on iHost. For example, turning on channel 1 physically on the switch. However, the same behavior does not happen if channel 1 is activated by iHost

Has this agenda been deprioritized?

Zigbee is a standard protocol, indeed. However, most manufacturers deploy their own extensions that aren’t necessarily interoperative. That is why a new solution is arriving and it’s called Matter.

1 Like

the Sonoff S26R2ZB is not visible between all devices. It is only visible as a router in the Zigbee map

Just clarify a bit more, we have sorted out a list of devices that theoretically should be supported by the iHost Zigbee2CUBE, but we can’t test all of them, there are so many of them.

In short, ZigBee devices, especially NON-ZigBee 3.0 devices to be compatible with and correctly displayed in the iHost web portal, there are three conditions that must be met simultaneously,

1, The model reported by the ZigBee device falls within the types supported list by Zigbee2CUBE.

2, The capabilities (exposes) reported by the ZigBee device fall within the types and capabilities supported by Zigbee2CUBE.

3, The eWeLink CUBE system has the corresponding UI capability, meaning it can display the device properly, for now, switch classes, lighting classes, and some sensor classes are supported.

In case your ZigBee device doesn’t appear as expected in iHost, please make sure to check if it is included in the supported list provided first.
If it is not listed, kindly await periodic updates as we continue to expand the list of supported devices.
If the device is listed but is not displaying or functioning correctly within iHost, please inform us by commenting on your verification result here in this shared Google spreadsheet, We will address and resolve the issue on a case-by-case basis.

Let’s do this together!

1 Like

Sorry for delayed response,
@Mamatt @cliff @kondakos @filipe.wvirtual Thank you again for your verification and let us know, please kindly check my comments in the shared Google spreadsheet, and @cliff @filipe.wvirtual would you please try again that the Zigbee devices you paired to the iHost is works as expected or not? logs would be great helpful if still NOT displayed or functioning as expected, much appreciated.

Hi Chris, sorry to let you know that i have checked that the device M100 (ceiling human breathe sensor) Model ZY-W100 is not on the supported list by now, we noted it down and try to expand the scope asap.

Please refer to this Google spreadsheet about the supported devices and its capabilities, free to let us know your new verification and any other requests.

@yitie,

Please, add the devices bellow to the shared Google spreadsheet. I have tested them, they connect but show “Not supported yet”.

Aqara Smart Vibration Sensor DJT11LM

Nova Digital 2 channels Switch (TUYA)
Device ID: a4c138f649956c67
Manufacturer: _TZ3000_pxfjrzyj

MOES Tuya ZigBee Signal Repeater Zigbee USB Extende
Device ID: 0xe0798dfffedf7bce
Manufacturer: _TZ3000_misw04hq

I dont have log from aqara device. The others I already sent the logs.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi vdrijver, the SONOFF S26ZB series should be support without any issues, would you please take a screenshot placed it here?