Can I monitor outside humdity with sonoff elite smart and si7021

Can I monitor outside humdity with sonoff elite smart and si7021

?

As I am getting strange readings. At a certain time at night humidty drops to 0% but temperature also is falling. But them it goes from 0% to 100% when the temperature is rising?

Illogical

Regarding whether Si7021 can be used outdoors, you can contact Sonoff for more info.

Besides, is the problem happening for the first time?
Does the reading also suddenly go from 0% to 100% after moving the sensor to another place?

I have attached 2 more days of readings. All seems totally illogical. I can understand if it rains?? the humdity goes to 100%, but then it goes to 0%

The only thing I can try, is to put a cover over the top of the sensor, so no drops of rain can affect it.

Are you using the sensor outdoors? When the humidity rises to 100%, is it raining outside?

Yes the sensor is in the open air. I assumed that as it can handle 100% humdity, it would be OK.

Its the sudden changes from 0% to 100% and 100% to 0%

It can never be 0%, well not in the UK.

May I know the Device ID?

I think its

Please tap “Help and Feedback” on the App to raise a ticket and tick “Upload corresponding information”. We will do a further check on it.

I think I have sorted it out, so I thought I would share.

I put the sensor si7021 into a plastic housing (sonoff smart box). I removed one of the cable glands to allow for ‘humidty’ to enter, and also for temperature to penetrate through the plastic quicker.

The next thing I am going to do. Is to coil up the short sensor cable into the box, so the sensor plug is more secure and drier inside. The box was then screwed to the greenhouse framework, in the shade of the sun.

The 2 temperature / humidty graphs, show readings for the outside and also just inside the greenhouse. This shows the 2 lines roughly follow each other.