Si7021 & TH Elite at least 7deg F out?

Hi, anyone using the new SONOFF TH Elite Smart Temperature and Humidity along with the Si7021 therm/humid sensor ??

I was suspicious of the readings & fortunately i had 4 other electronic thermometers that are all different makes to test this out.

So i set up two new TH Elite & two Si7021’s & left for 1 hour & the temp readings were 84.6F & 85.3F an acceptable 0.7deg difference. I put 4 other sensors within 300mm of the sonoff units & left for one hour, & getting readings of 77.5F/76.6F/77.9F & 77.1F & these are exceptical of each other.

But Sonoff’s being 7deg F out from these is not exceptical on two separate units that are controlling temperatures on important things.

I also happen to be planning to buy a new TH,accuracy of reading is important.
What are the other sensors? How do you know SONOFF’s is inaccurate.

Hi, i have just ordered 2 of the older stat/humi sensors to see if it makes a difference. But i am now getting periods where it shows on the graph as nothing. If i unplug the sensor & plug it back in, it starts working. Defiantly not worth buying yet as not fit for purpose. I am sending my ones back.

You said. “How do you know SONOFF’s is inaccurate” Please read my 1st post.

waiting too long for a firmware update which can manually calibrate thelite temperature

1 Like

TH320D:
1)When temperature disappear the threshold setting gets ignored. When I unplug the cable and put cable back It comes back with a reading but not every time. Sometimes I need to repeat the process 5 to 10 times.

2)Sometimes the temp reading displays on the unit and on the app, but no logging of the temp on the unit. If you toggle the unit between auto and manual it starts to log temperatures, but it fails randomly. Logging intervals should drop to 15min to assist with analysis of temp vs time.

Nice unit when it works, but would be great if the firmware can be sorted to make the unit reliable 24/7