BACKUP's PLEASE!

I have just spent a coup[le of hours rebuilding my Ihost system… and still not finished. There must be a way of providing a system back? A simple all or nothing restore option, no need for selective restore. Even if the backup was a day or so old it would be better than nothing.
Losing a setup is catastrophic especially if, like me, you are partly disabled and heavily rely on automation.
Local control was a big selling point for IHost so sort it out PLEASE!

1 Like

For now recreate your automations in Node Red. It has a backup option and there is not much use of standard scenes. Hopefully you have not yet recreated the scenes yet.

That leaves Zigbee pairing again. There’s a standard format for Zigbee network files on GitHub that is used by other platforms. It could be added relatively easily. Then if you have all your scenes and Zigbee network backed up recreating the iHost is relatively simple and it would be a good gap stop till a full backup option can be instituted.

Hi,
sorry for the trouble caused, I have reported this requirement to our development team and it may be implemented in the future.

1 Like

I’ve had the card crash twice after setting it all up. My iHost has been sitting in a cupboard for 6 months, I’m not wasting any more time on it until a backup is possible!

2 Likes