iHost add-ons and backups

Hello,

I accidentally selected one of the add-ons (this is “simple-sonoff-server”). I don’t want to install it. Unfortunately, I don’t see a way to remove it from the list of items to install?

Is it possible to backup settings (scenes, paired ZigBee devices, etc.) so when I restore factory settings, I don’t have to configure my iHost from a scratch?

According to your screenshot, you don’t have install the add-on named “simple-sonoff-server” yet,
don’t worry about it, the add-on just showed up after the install package downloaded in the TF card,
We are working on remove the add-on non-installed, and the backup feature, stay tuned.

All right. Thank you. I will wait :blush:

Marek

Free to let me know any help you need, thanks on board, Marek.

Just check with team, the feature remove the uninstalled add-on is planned to release in May, and the backup feature is in researching stage.

Hello again,

I understand that this is a fresh product and many features will be added in time to come, as it was for other Sonoff devices I have. It’s great that I can observe this development and (maybe) contribute with some ideas.

1. I saw your roadmap and I know you’re working on eWeLink remote ecosystem in iHost. Any chance for early sneak preview?
  2. How about NSPanel? I understand that you’re favourite toy is NSPanel Pro now but please do not give up with its less smart sibling.
  3. Recent switch in local time from CET to CEST (Central European Summer Time) caused problems in time dependent scenes. Would you consider adding settings related to time, including manual selection of time servers? BTW, the same is with the eWeLink app.
  4. Are there any plans to use the potential in the built-in WiFi?
  5. Ikeas’s Tradfri LEDs are handled much better that in the eWeLink app. Unfortunately, possibilities are one thing and practical use is another. This is why the control is inconsistent in many respects.

I think that your iHost is one of the most innovative products this year. And a very exciting one with enormous potentials that I’m willing to learn and exercise. A very good job, indeed! One thing more. I find the packaging among the best designed; simple, slick, very elegant and with almost no plastics. My congratulations! Just keep doing things :blush:

Thanks for the kind words, Marek, we are appreciated that users like you on the board,
following are the quick response to your questions, in blue for better viewing,

1. I saw your roadmap and I know you’re working on eWeLink remote ecosystem in iHost. Any chance for early sneak preview?

– We do offer preview privilege of features under developing, but only for developers by far, if you are interested in be one of developers for eWeLink CUBE/iHost, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

BTW, we’ll considering to extend the tester user base later, some topics created by the developers are opened here for widely reference.eWeLink-CUBE-developer - eWeLink Forum

1. How about NSPanel? I understand that you’re favourite toy is NSPanel Pro now but please do not give up with its less smart sibling.

– NSPanel is on the supported devices list in the very first batch, don’t worry we’ll not give up it.

1. Recent switch in local time from CET to CEST (Central European Summer Time) caused problems in time dependent scenes. Would you consider adding settings related to time, including manual selection of time servers? BTW, the same is with the eWeLink app.

– This suffering us too, timer is really a complicated feature need lots of word to clarify all the mechanism of it, we have made several tools like “edit the timer in bulk” to mitigate this issue, and suggest users to recreate the timers when DST shifts likewise.

But, just my opinion, i think DST is obsolete and should be legislated away.

1. Are there any plans to use the potential in the built-in WiFi?

– Do you have any ideas about this?

1. Ikeas’s Tradfri LEDs are handled much better that in the eWeLink app. Unfortunately, possibilities are one thing and practical use is another. This is why the control is inconsistent in many respects.

– Would you please detail this? i don’t get it.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

You’re absolutely right. DST is obsolete and has no practical use nowadays. Since it’s a political rather than practical decision, it doesn’t seem that the change is coming any soon. Bureaucrats always know better :blush:

Now a few words about the possible use of the in-build WiFi. There are two things that crossed my mind. Firstly, how about using it to connect to LAN? Secondly, how about creating WLAN with it, dedicated solely for connected devices? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems that the WiFi/BT chip is not involved in anything in particular now. It’s just there.

With Ikea’s Tradfri LED bulbs you can go much further in settings than it’s possible with eWeLink app. You may set brightness, colour, initial state or predefined parameters (like Bright or Reading). However, there’s no way to fully use them in scenarios involving buttons. For instance, when you toggle such bulb on/off with a ZigBee button, you never know what the initial state would be. It’s not the most important feature and certainly not a priority. Nevertheless, it could be nice if someone took a closer look and organized things for Tradfri bulbs. The other option is to add support for Tradfri remotes with dim/colour capabilities. It’s only because Sonoff doesn’t offer any similar ones.

Matter support is on the to-do list, i think the WIFI and BLE chip will be fully involved by then, still need talk to the engineer to find out more specific and let you know if i get something new.

As for Ikea’s Tradfri LED bulbs supported, like some other popular Brand integration, we have invited developers to join the journey with us developing add-ons for eWeLink CUBE to enhance the possibilities of the iHost, hoping a add-on for IKEA is take over by them and release early.
For me, i will buy some Ikea’s Tradfri LED bulbs to learn from them.

And thank you so much for the translation to Polish proposal, Our plan is to open up the language packs so that users can translate and upload them to the device by themselves, we think it’s more flexible.

My NS panel does not appear and I’ve checked local mode is enabled on it. Most of my POWs do and my one and only S26 plug/socket. 2 basics that can’t be Sync’d but loads off stuff no, including my NS panel.

Check your massage box and let’s continue from there, Issues involving routers in general are quite tricky.

The device must not be under the same network if it cannot be discovered.

For your case,
Please try connect the WAN port of the second router to the LAN port of the main router (connected to Internet) by cable , and set the second route to bridge mode, then all IP assignments will be done by the main router, ensuring that the devices are all under the same LAN.

It is a very important thing. Backup

Now half a year later, you have been given a backup option.
Have many devices that are hard to access and re-pair.

Also, I live close to a transformer and lightning can destroy a device. So have you got the backup working?

Otherwise I think I will look at other home server options.

2 Likes