Auto Scenes work whenever they want

Hi there,

“Auto scenes work whenever they want”, are you experiencing an issue with auto scenes will run automatically?

Yes i ve send in the past feedback about effective period that it will not trigger automatically and they said it will be fixed by coding team and now the auto scenes auto start but sometimes not always they dont work unless you disable and re enable them again (toggle the switch on and off)

1 Like

I have been experiencing the same issue.

1 Like

Hi there,

@extenge @rsedlac Would you please attach the screenshots of the scene’s settings?

Hi, see the attachment, please.
Thx, R.

Hi, see the attachment, please.
Thx, R.

Tonight, I’ve set up another scene (attached) which just disables and enables the scene with the effective period one minute before the effective period starts. The result is that the scene for dis-/enabling was executed but the one with the effective period was not. Therefore it seems that the only solution for my case is to setup three scenes instead of one. One would check the temperature and switch on heating. The second one would enable the first one at the begining of the effective period and the third one would disable the first one at the end of the effective period. Not sure if this helps.
Thx, R.

A couple of days testing shows that the solution using 3 scenes doesn’t work either. Most probably the problem is proper temperature monitoring and scene trigerring which makes this system really unreliable, unfortunately. Any news from ewelink side? Cheers.

The only solution is to switch to another ecosystem like Smartlife or tuya which seems more reliable

You are right. The scenes with timers don’t fire even if they’re disabled and then enabled manually. Tuya and SmartLife look pretty similar to each other.

Unfortunately I was not able to add my Sonoff ZigBee Bridge to Tuya nor SmartLife. I will need to stay with ewelink and hope there is an update fixing scenes triggering soon.

Dear ewelink, any news or comments from your side?
Thx.

Hi everyone, I’m having the same problem. The scenes don’t work, so the ecosystem is worthless.
After setting the temperature <20, the boiler is to be turned on, but it works only once, immediately after saving the scene. On the second day, the stage does not work.

Hi there, would you please attach the screenshots to show us how you set the scene?

Ok.

where there is a description, the temperature has no value, perhaps this is a problem in this software. scenes do not respond to the set duration.