What is the Detach Mode in ZBMINIR2 really?

I don’t understand how the Detached Mode can be useful in combination with a smart bulb, as the illustration shows.

If we are dealing with a Zigbee bulb, why do we need a ZBMINIR2 in the same circuit? What does it do? If the relay in the ZBMINIR2 switches off the power, how is the bulb supposed to work?
Either I am a dumbass or this function is advanced far beyond comprehension.

My use case was firstly using Zigbee switches for traditional lights/fans. I then installed some fancy smart lights. So I have to use detach mode; the circuit will be connected all the time, and the external switch would be a smart scene switch for whatever I need.

Some users may have two/threeway wiring solutions, which make it necessary to avoid an accidental power-off.

If the circuit is live all the time, the smart bulb will do just fine without the ZBMINIR2. Even the fancy one. I understand that in detached mode the ZBMINIR2 will act as a kind of remote. Because what else can be done in this mode? The manual does not say a word about using detached mode.

I would like to see a schematic representation of the work so that it would be easier to understand?

I’m trying to figure out how Detached Mode works.

If I understood correctly, if we have a smart light bulb that is connected to a smart switch that is in Detached Mode, I have two options controlled by the smart light bulb:

1. Direct control of the light bulb via the Zigbee network
  2. Through a smart switch, which will not interrupt the voltage of the light bulb (open the relay), but will forward my request to the light bulb through the Zigbee network, so that the light bulb will continue to act as a router…

I’m not sure that I explained this to myself the best, but any help would be welcome!

Another trick to convince us to buy a device that will always be underdeveloped in terms of software…

True. But it’s still useful when resetting the light, which usually requires 5/6 times of power cycle. I happened to run into such issues with my skylights :smiling_face_with_tear: