📱[Rolling with new releases ]eWeLink App Updates

Actually there is a reorder option on the home page. You can sort the device as you like.

I’m sorry but this is still not clear why to use offset and what is the purpose of it in combination with sunrise/sunset. Any practical example of this idea? To what end would I need to use the option?

Here are some common uses of sunrise/sunset offset:
Early Lighting: If you live in an area where it gets dark before the actual sunset time, you can use the sunset offset to turn on your outdoor or indoor lights a bit earlier. This ensures you are never in the dark.
Late Lighting: Conversely, if you live in an area where natural light lingers past sunset, you might not need your lights right at sunset. You can set an offset to turn them on later, saving energy.
Morning Wake-Up: If you’re not a morning person and struggle with getting up at sunrise, you can set an offset to gradually turn on your lights before sunrise. This can help you wake up more naturally.

1 Like

I would like you to complete the application in terms of setting the conditions:
Instead of the trigger “Time of day” and “Sunrise/Sunset” have a trigger: “Time” in the box that you can set:

• Dates (from date to date, repetition, every day)
  • Time of day - Sunrise/Sunset

Enter the trigger “Location” within which you can choose:

• Home
  • Away
    Of course, the introduction of a new condition must be allowed for the eWeLink application to have access to the location, that is, for the user to define his home location.

Also enable that all triggers can be set both as a basic condition and as a precondition, which would provide users with a multi-term setting of criteria.

Confused how does this feature work: * Time of day - Sunrise/Sunset. Could you provide more details?

The trigger of “Location” and “Weather” will be added to eWeLink Scene later this year.

Could you tell the difference of basic condition and precondition? I’m not sure I know it well.

When I talk about the “Time” trigger, I believe that it should have the following options:

• setting the time (from-to hours), as well as the possibility of repetition during the week, i.e. from-to date - similar to the solution of the eWeLink application - Time Of Day
  • setting Sunrise and Sunset times, as well as the possibility of setting the desired time before and after Sunrise and Sunset. Also, the possibility of repetition during the week, from to date - similar to the solution of the eWeLink application - Sunrise/Sunset.

The possibility of setting prerequisites, my vision: Current solution
If device1_state Then

EndIf

If And/Or(device1_state, device2_state,…) Then

EndIf

My proposed solution :innocent:
If device1_state Then
If device2_state Then

EndIf
EndIf

If And/Or(device1_state, device2_state,…) Then
If And/Or(device11_state, device22_state,…) Then

EndIf
EndIf

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I think the first two points could be realized by setting an Effective Period after you finish adding the conditions and actions. If you’re requiring adding something like a specific date, it’s more like adding a calendar to the scene. We will take it into consideration.

As for the basic condition and precondition, honestly, in the near future plans, these are not on the to-do list.

1 Like

Hello Peter. I have a suggestion: a function when activated requires a password or the figerprint (user defined) to complete the device status change.

I, for example, would open my external gate through the app, but my cell phone could be stolen, or even I could press the wrong button outside the house. I have concerns about it.

Thanks.

Hi there, if you’re worried that your phone could be stolen one day and someone else would control your devices, you can set Patten Lock in eWeLink App > Profile > Settings >Pattern Lock. When you launch the eWeLink App, it requires you to enter the patterns.

As for pressing the wrong button and adding a password or something else like verification to confirm that you actually want to activate this device, we think the whole process is too long. The workarounds are, you can set the “Display As” to better identify each device as well as set the device name to be easy to differentiate.

Yes, need to increase the offset time in the sunrise sunset of scenes

Longer Sunrise/Sunset offset is on our to-do list. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Peter.

Now i am using the pattern lock.

Hi, I’d like to ask if you are going to add possibility to use power consumbtion as a trigger in ewelink scenes. In my opinion it is basic funcionality. Due to lack of this funcionality I have to use Tuya for a few plugs with power metering. I have also a few POW R2 and other third party ewelink plugs with power metering but can’t use it because lack of this ability.

Hi there, the consumption data is not collected every second due to the hardware limitations.
While in Scene, generally speaking, it requires real-time data to trigger action execution.

1 Like

I’m not an expert but adding these ewelink plugs with power metering to HA using sonoff addon, I can create such scenes and it works OK. So is it really hardware problem? I would like to use one app (ewelink) instead of two or three.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. May I know the device ID of the pow device that you add to the HA scene? A screenshot to show how you create the scene in HA is much appreciated.

I’ve added these 3 plugs to HA. POW R2 can work in LAN mode but the other third party plugs can operate only in cloud mode in ewelink app.
In HA all of them work perfect. I have added them using Sonoff LAN addon in HACS. I have created scenes with power consumbtion as a trigger for all of them and it works excellent. Of course you can use voltage and current in HA scenes as well. But to be honest I’m using HA only to use power consumbtion trigger. Why not to give such possibility in ewelink app.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this additional info. In fact, the commands in eWeLink Scene are sent by our Cloud server, however, we suppose the add-on you’re using in HA is through LAN. Collecting the data via LAN is real-time and can accurately execute the actions. If we add the power consumption to the Scene and do it through LAN, it requires us to redesign the technical structure of the Scene. Unfortunately so far, we don’t have plans to redesign it.

I’m running my HA on iHost. As I understood it is all about collecting data via LAN. So why not to implement it on iHost scenes only. It works separately from app scenes. I know it would work only for devices with LAN mode but it is always something. I think it is good time to think about it especially iHost is still in development.
Only to remind. This funcionality works in Tuya app out of the box. I’m using it in different home with third party Tuya plugs wich are exactly the same like my Ewelink third party plugs but with Tuya firmware of course.

1 Like

Inching is no longer working for time set above .5 sec. I have verified on several devices. When will this be fixed?