"Reverse" inching mode to turn switch ON after a delayed time, once switched off

It is clear how inching works - set a duration and the switch stays on for that duration, flipping to off when the duration passes.

I want to put a (remote) Internet router on a Sonoff switch with “Reverse Inching”, so that when I turn off the switch, it turns back ON after a set time (instead of OFF after a set time). The reason is that once the router is switched off, I have no remote access to the Sonoff switch to turn it back on (well, the Internet connection is cut off because I turned off the router).

This seems to be a simple programming task, once inching is in place (tick box for “reverse” functionality) but I understand there may be a limited demand for the functionality, other than resetting an electrical device.

1 Like

There are devices with NO and NC contact, like these 5V modules or Sonoff 4ch. Connect your power supply to NC, then you can achieve the effect you want with the “normal” inching.

2 Likes

Thomas, Many thanks for your very prompt reply. I will look out for these. I have a 4ch deployed in a client’s site so I will freshen up on the documentation. Is there a 220VAC single switch that can do this? (I am just asking, to keep the project simple.)

Nearly. There is this 5V module. Powered by USB, so you can take an old phone charger or something, it’s mini USB, and you have your 220V supply. I know the whole thing as a 1ch and 4ch version.

I have the exact same use case with you.
I think it would be very simple to develop the feature, hope it would be there soon

This used to be possible with the “loop” timer but it was confusingly worded. I would not be surprised if there was a way to do this somewhere else now.

I am taking it that you want this function on the device itself?. I currently have my internet router turn back on using a Zigbee scene on my iHost. That does require an iHost and Zigbee switch though. Think it would also be possible with an NS Panel Pro or Zigbee Bridge Pro too. Pretty sure they can both also run local Zigbee scenes.

Had a quick look at the loop timer. It has changed so I don’t know how to do it. You use to be able to create an off/on loop and then just run half of the loop.