Push notification few minutes later

Hello there, please kindly raise a support ticket in eWeLink App > Profile > Feedback & Help.

This is clearly an eWelink problem. I tried everything I could try.

@pierre.chalange @vmhostell We found some Android phones especially some models from Samsung have the delay push notification issue, more specific is when the phone is locked or the screen is sleeping, would you please let me know your phone’s model if i missing, will try to figured out what’s going on.

But as @joennuh post,

OH, i missed this, @pierre.chalange @vmhostell does this works for you?

I also tried it on an old Note 10 pro phone. Same problem. Both my smartphones are from xiaomi

ср, 14 июн. 2023 г., 14:06 yitie via eWeLink Forum <notifications@ewelinkforum.discoursemail.com>:

Hi Yitie,

I Tried this already . My phone is Oneplus NORD , first edition.

Thanks for your help.

Copy that, tried but not works for you, right?

It’s quite wired, that the dev team has checked notification messages have been sent correctly and got a recall message from Google massage gateway, still digging.

In fact , it depends on how long it is from the moment the screen is coming into “sleeping” to the notification .

I mean : if the screen is coming into the sleeping state 2 minutes after I leave it , the eWelink notification is received normally within the 5 (or 6 or 7) minutes later. But after this delay , nothing is happening until a notification coming from another appli wakes up the phone.

Sorry for my approximative English expression…

Yes, i get it, it’s because the Phone’s OS have various strategies to judge when to ‘KILL’ the App, basically saying when the App is no longer active after X minutes, like discussed here https://dontkillmyapp.com/.

We have reported this affect directly to Google through this IssueTracker template.

And we still working on finding a way try to improve that, but i can’t guarantee, because it’s the BRAND or the PHONE manufacture’s strategy.

Understood. And thank you very much for your help.

I hope this to be figured out.

Ha ve a good day.

1 Like

Hi, I’m still waiting for a solution . It can take up to 10/15 mn for the appli to wake up my phone , unless it is already up . Any other applis work fine and push notifications instantly . I experimented this fact on my wife’s phone ( other brand) and noticed the same thing.