My Wish list

I use 135 Sonoff devices and 220 scenes are defined. Sometimes it’s hard to keep track. So I would like some changes. Maybe one or the other is feasible.

1. Groups
    It should be possible to group different types of devices. For example channel 2 of a 3 channel switch with channel 1 of a 2 channel switch. That would save me a lot of scenes, especially in alternating circuits.

2. Scenes
    It would be nice to see which scenes use a particular device. When replacing a device, all scenes in which this device is used must be edited. This can result in a lengthy search.

3. Scenes
    Scenes should be able to be copied in order to edit them afterwards.

4. Rooms
    It should be possible to assign devices to several rooms at the same time. Where they actually are and where they have an impact.

5. Firmware
    For firmware updates it would be nice to read what changes. Not just “general improvements”.

6. Scenes
    Scenes should be sortable just like the devices are.

7. Releases
    Releases of certain devices to other users should be more individually restrictable.

8. Cast or NS Panel (Widgets)
    Here it would be desirable to be able to change the displayed names (without renaming the device). Living room ceiling lamp, living room TV, living room LED, The names are too long for the description. I’m currently helping myself with scenes that have correspondingly short names.

9. Blinds switch.
    Off-On is selectable in scenes. Changing would be nice.

Thank you for your attention, if you need any explanations, please ask. Thanks very much.

3 Likes

Hi thomas, thanks so much for the suggestions. Below are the responses to your questions/feature requests.

1. Groups
    We know how important to group different types of devices. And so far, we think this feature could be realized via creating a Scene.

2. Scenes
    I do have a question on this feature. You meant when replacing Device A in Scene 1, replace Device A in all other scenes that has added Device A?

3. Scenes
    Working on it and will roll it out in V4.31.

4. Rooms
    May I know what kind of device you will assign to different rooms?

5. Firmware
    We’ll bring this request to the hardware team first. Thanks for the idea.

6. Scenes
    Working on it and will roll it out in V4.31.

7. Releases
    A little bit confused about this request. Did you ask to restrict the access to shared devices?

8. Cast or NS Panel (Widgets)
    We’ll evaluate this feature first and will let you know if we have any plan to implement it.

9. Blinds switch.
    Also confused about this feature. Does “changing” refer to “reverse”? Could you provide more details?

Hi Peter, thank you for your answer.

1. One Lampe, two Switches need 4 scenes. If the Switches are different i cannot group them.

2. My Plan for next weekend is replacing 2 S26 with one dual. Physical Installation is easy, but finding all scenes to edit is lazy. So it would be nice maybe to see in device settings in which scenes they are.

3. Nice to ready.

4. Lamp and Switch in one room, a Second Switch in another room. So for me this Second Switch belongs to both rooms.

5. And 6. Nice to ready

6. Shared devices. Children only on Off. Wife as much as possible. Something Like this.

7. Nice to ready.

8. Yes. Reverse. I have 7 blinds. 8 possible Widgets in ns Panel. With on Off i need 14, with Reverse 7…

1. premises. I also requested this update. I explain. it will be useful to be able to assign temperature sensors in the room, sensors for opening / closing doors, in order to view directly from the room where you are. But it will also be very useful to have access to all these devices from one room. temperature sensors in one room (for quick monitoring), opening / closing sensors in another (for more convenient control). It will also be convenient to collect all the light bulbs - switches in one room, since there can be many non-lighting devices turned on and they are confusing. I also wrote earlier about the chosen room in order to collect the most necessary elements in it. and since the number of rooms will increase significantly, it is worth reviewing the design of the program. It is worth making the rooms more visually recognizable, it is worth making a separate tab, like with scenarios, for placing rooms with tiles with the ability to place your own miniatures - mini photocopies of your rooms. I understand that since all application settings are stored on servers, they will be more overloaded. Maybe this should be done at least on a new hub - a personal server? Maybe there it will turn out to store all your settings?
  1. Thanks for explanation. Our team will further evaluate this feature.
  2. This is a great idea! We surely will evaluate it as well.
  3. Our team has discussed how to assign the same device to different rooms before. We’ll keep you posted if we have any plan on it.
  4. Restricting the access of shared devices is on our roadmap, but to be honest, I don’t have specific timeline for it at this point. We’ll keep you posted if there is any update.
  5. It’s more like a hardware feature so we need to bring it to the manufacturer first and they will evaluate this feature.

Hello Peter, thank you very much for the answer and your commitment. I’m looking forward to the new possibilities.

Hi there, you’re talking about assigning devices right on the smart home dashboard right? Also, you mentioned to add more DIY capabilities to the Room settings. All sounds cool! We will bring them to the team first. Thank you so much for the ideas!

1 Like

Just adding my vote for the feature to limit access to shared devices. I need to share a device with another user who should only be able to switch the device without being able to e.g. set schedules etc.

Thanks

Adding limited access to shared devices is on our feature list. We’ll re-evaluate it with our tech team later, and surely will let you know when there is any progress. Thanks for your suggestion!

@thomas1 Hey Tom, our team is looking into the feature share access to the device or home. What we plan to do is very similar to your requirement like assigning different access to child and wife. Could you provide us more details of what you would like this feature would be? Thank you in advance!