iHost Zigbee channel

Hi
Can anyone tell me whether the iHost will allow us to modify it’s Zigbee hub channel? If not which channel will it take?
I’m really interested in ordering but am a little worried with interference with my Smartthings and Hue channels, and also with the wifi.
I’ve dedicated a bit of time to organising these channels to avoid problems and the result has been almost spectacular in speed and stability, something which becomes more important every time I add a device.

1 Like

Perhaps one of you guys could answer me here?

@Teki @PeterGoGo @StephenJ

Thanks in advance

Hi, the ability to modify channels is in the roadmap, but will not be implemented in the short term, may take months.

1 Like

for the 2nd question, there will be 11, 15, 19, 20, 25, 26 channel, and each device will be automatically assigned a channel when it joins the network, not fixed one.

:+1: Thanks

Is it choosing best non-interferring channel?

But I hope they take into account interference at the edge of the mesh and not just at the hub. I get wifi interference from a neighbours flat and a different optimum band if I measure down here or in the top bedrooms.

Hope so too. Zigbee is prone to interference from 2.4Ghz Wifi channels, it must choose least busy channel not just across Zigbee channels but also Wifi

But how will it assess the noise. I’d bet it will do it like my Wifi router which just chooses based on noise local to it, but not on the top floor. I have to go up there with a laptop to manually find the best band, but I’m not sure if it is possible to do the equivalent with Zigbee.