IHost resources for ZHA or ZIGBEE2MQTT

I have a lot of equipment from different manufacturers: philips wiz, tuya, aqara, what integrations exist for work relatively well, but the biggest problem is with aqara switches. iHost understands a very limited selection, and even what it understands, it understands with limited functionality. which cannot be said, for example, about zha or z2m. As an example, a switch with a built-in relay aqara has the function of decoupling from the built-in relay, but it is not available. my question is the following: is it possible to somehow provide access to the zigbee iHost module for zha or z2m in Hass in docker in order to fully use zigbee devices without restrictions.

support in my country said that if I use a stick or an ethernet hub, I risk a conflict and unstable operation, of course this surprises me since there are apartment buildings in which there can be many networks. but still I wanted to have official instructions either on how to use internal resources, for example for zha, or how to use external ones, be it a stick from Sonoff or another ethernet coordinator.

I’m pretty confident you can install a docker image of Home Assistant and use the USB port on the back to install a second Zigbee stick on a USB extension , but I’ve never heard of a way to use the internal Zigbee radio. I’m not sure it is exposed in the official firmware. Look up how to install Home Assistant in a docker if you want ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT. The Node Red docker on the iHost, for which there is an official instruction, can talk to Zigbee2MQTT via MQTT so I’d select that one of ZHA/Zigbee2MQTT. Then you can create a virtual device, so it appears in Cast and on iHost, in Node Red and synchronise the switch etc.

you understand that these are complex crutches, I mean node red, virtual device, etc. My appeal is rather towards official support. thank you for giving me confidence to use usb on the back panel. What I looked at on YouTube, zha is extremely easy to use and provides full functionality, while no mqtt broker or anything else is needed if a full-fledged Hass is installed (it is clear that it is not installed in Docker) and there is a usb dongle, and if instead usb dongle use ethernet coordinator then you can use both zha and z2m at the same time.

Update: I found a tutorial on YouTube on how to use usb stick, but it is very strange, there is no official tutorial and it is still strange to me why there is no option to use the built-in interface of my choice.

Hey

Here’s a guide I wrote for HA container on iHost working with Zigbee dongles.

Hope it would help: Quick guide to use external Zigbee dongle with iHost and Docker

Thanks, I found this before and the tutorial on YouTube. But the official support in my country tells me that I will have a conflict with the network. And my question for support is about using the built-in interface as I wish.

Hey

I think the built-in one is not open for other purpose, as long as you use the stock OS. You can not share the radio with other services, like - ZHA and Z2M need two dongles to work at the same time.

If you don’t mind voiding the warranty and taking the risk of damaging the hardware (a lot of people did lose the network components), third party OS like HAOS may meet your need.

Thank you, but this path is not for me. For this I can buy Rasbery etc., but I am asking about using the built-in zigbee with the original OS and warranty. The lack of choice upsets me, as do devices with partial support.

That is the question to sonoff, I already understood a hundred at the moment it is impossible to use the built-in zigbee with several applications, but why not at least give the opportunity to choose.

I would fancy any commercial product that could open up Zigbee chips for ZHA/Z2M too lol

why not? this is an excellent competitive advantage, and if transfer it to ethernet then possible use everything at the same time. ZHA Z2M Cube etc