iHost Homeassistant ADD-ONS

Hi,

Is there any way to install ADD-ONS to Homeassistant in our iHost?
(HACS, Terminal, File Editor, …)

This way Homeassistant is very limitated…

Thanks

We are not familiar with Homeassistant, so you need to try whether it can install Homeassistant and Homeassistant addon.

1 Like

Thank you @Alexie

I too consider it a key value for the iHost if it would support a proper HA Version. That is: as long as the iHost itself doesn’t provide functions that Home Assistant has.
In my case I need to access data via modbus (energy data for solar panels). This works as an add-on in home assistant. So without add.ons, no modbus or other advanced features.
iobroker is ok, though. I can add adapters and include modbus there. So anyone coping with limitations in iHosts Home Assistant Container: You might want to give iobroker a try: buanet/iobroker.

1 Like

@ricardo.oliveira,

Now on update 1.6.2 the ESPHome ADD-ON is working on HomeAssistant, but devices can be only controled inside HomeAssistant.

It would be nice if have an official container for ESPHome and the devices could be seen by eWeLink-CUBE (ihost/cast)…

2 Likes

@Julhio
Thanks a lot

Hi @Julhio
Could you please give me more input on how the ESPHome add-on works in Home Assistant? You have Home Assistant running as a Docker Container, correct? How did you manage to add ESPHome there?

Thanks! Cliff

@cliff

I installed the Home Assistant with container “homeassistant/home-assistant” in Host mode on update 1.6.2.
When I accessed the Home Assisant by ihost.local:8123, it discovered the ESPHome devices on my network (I already had a home assistant at home a while ago).

Ah, sorry. You are right… I thought ESPHome came through HACS. Thanks!

Oh, actually ESPHome is an add-on in HA.

For sure.
You can install ESPHome directly on iHost, but I couldn’t get it to work that way. Maybe someone with more experiencie on ESPHome could do this soon.

Hello @ricardo.oliveira
try this

4 Likes

Thank You @marco1
I will try it. Thanks a lot

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.