How to update firmware

1.Whenever there is a new firmware, you will see a message on top of the device screen which says “New firmware available. Open device settings to update it.” If there is no such message there, it means your firmware is not ready to upgrade yet.

2. Then tap the three-dot icon on the top right of the app and select ‘Setting’.

​​

3. On the ‘Device Settings’ page, you will see the current firmware version and the latest version.

Tap the right arrow beside the latest version.

​4. Tap “Update Now” and ‘Confirm’.

5. Go back to the device screen and you will see the firmware is being upgraded now. On the top of the page is the progress of the upgrade.

6.After the upgrade is completed, you will receive a prompt that says “Upgrade success”. Then go back to device setting and you will see the firmware has been updated to the latest version.

What do I do if I can’t see any version number ?none of my sonoff shows it.

Hi there,

Some devices support the “current Version” feature. Would you please send the device ID for further check?

no problem… how do i send you a personal message ? tryed clicking on your name. dont wan’t to post that sensitive info here public :slight_smile:

Click on my avatar and you can see the Message button.

hi sir i need to edit the relay code on sonoff ch4 r3 smart switch. kindly help after it should work with ewlink app. kindly help me please .
the relay 4 as master any other relay 1,2,3 is on the master should on.

Hi there, for multiple-channel devices, the eWeLink app can allow users to do so. For example, set “Channel 1 is on” as a trigger and then set “Channel 2 on” as an action.

Can ewelink do this automatically for all your devices? It takes very long to go look for updates if you have replaced all your light switches with Sonoff switches.

Updating the new firmware one by one is so frustrating, especially you have numerous of devices, that’s why we made the eWeLink web with firmeware updates in bunches,

, join the advanced plan here or via the App to unlock all the exclusive features: )