How to link Google Home

Preparation

1. Download the latest Google Home App on your phone;

2. Sign up and log in your Google account and add your Google Home speaker.

Account Linking

1.Open eWeLink app and log in to your account.

2.Tap Profile

3.Tap the Google icon

4.Tap Link with Google

5.Tap Link and then the Google Home app will be opened and all your eWeLink devices will be synced to your Google account.

6.Choose a device and tap Next.

7.Choose a home and tap Next.

8.Choose a location for the device and tap Next.

1. Repeat step 6, 7, and 8 to set locations for other devices.

Voice Control

• Make sure the device name is English, and don’t use special characters or unusual signs. (Right names like Bedroom lamp, Coffee switch, my switch…)

• Control devices with Google Home speaker.
    For example:Hey Google, turn on my light.

Voice Command instruction:
“Hey Google” is used to wake up Google Home speaker. “OK Google” can also activate it. When you speak to it, you will see the lights on your Google Home speaker blinking,

which means the speaker is responding.

• Other voice commands for reference;
    Google Home supports other common voice commands, such as:
    Hey Google, turn on all of the lights.
    Hey Google, turn off all of the lights.
    Hey Google, set light to 50%.
    Hey Google, turn off the bedroom light.

Hi I am trying to link my Google Home to eWelink but the “Link with Google” icon/link is nowhere to be found under “Profile” at the eWelink app as suggested by “How to link Google Home” post by StephenJ (Sep 21)

Isn’t the link displayed on top of the Home pane of the eWeLink app?

On the Profile pane you will see a button with the name “Support” with a heart icon in front of it and a few third party platform icons at the right of it. When you click that button a list of third party platforms is shown and you can click the “Assistant / Google Assistant” button.

Thanks for your reply. I did those steps but the link/button does not come up after selecting google. See pic attached.

Hey there, please try the following steps.
Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Hi. Thanks for prompt response. I did as recommended & was able to link (as attached pic 1) under EWeLink app.
But in Google Home app, it does not show. See pic 2 & 3. Is this normal? So, is it linked?

Could you send me your eWeLink account via PM? I’ll check whether you have linked your account to Google Home or not.

Sorry but stupid question - how does one pm another?

When you click on my profile picture, a prompt shows up and there is a Message icon on the top right.

Hi, Sorry but I do not see a message icon on the top right. See pic
Capture

Maybe you have to enable DM’s?

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 23-24-43 Preferences - joennuh - eWeLink Forum

Hi Joennuh

Thanks for your response.

Sorry but I am not able to see “Message” under “Users”. See attachment.

I messaged you just now. Have you noticed it in your inbox in the Forum?

Users at trust level 0 cannot …

Send personal messages to other users

Source: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

So quite new forum users won’t be able to send DM’s. You might want to review the forum settings for that. Perhaps that can be changed.

And by the way: He probably doesn’t have an inbox at all.

Thank you so much for the suggestion, however, we think there is a potential risk if we set the trust level to 0. Imagine that when every new Forum user can DM someone else, new users with malicious intentions might send phishing links or ads. It’s very possible that average users would be overwhelmed by spam, which is the last thing we want to see in this Forum.
There are only a few steps to finish when moving to level 1. For example, browse five topics, read 10 posts, and spend 30 mins in the Forum. This is not a tough task if someone is really looking for ideas or help in this Forum. However, if there is no threshold set, it’s quite hard to prevent spamming.

1 Like

Would you please try to find ‘eWeLink smart home’ by searching on the ‘works with google’ page?
There are los of Brands works with Google and Google list them by the first letter, searching is the quicker way to locate a specific one. :grinning:

Are the instructions helpful? If the issue insists, please raise a support ticket in eWeLink App > Profile > Help & Feedback > Feedback. This is a suggested and official channel to take care of the issues you met when using our app and services.