Home assistant issue

I just moved my smart devices to home Assistant and having an issue with 1 particular automation.

this worked when i used it on Ewelink app. when sonoff humidity (set %) is high, wifi mini relay switches fan on. i also have another scene to tuen it off when humidity meets reduced %.

i have created the same automation in home assistant integration and it does not activates. what am i doing wrong please

Can you please check what does the log says in HA? You should be able to find out what is the cause for automation failing.

alias: Low Humidity
description: “”
trigger:

  • type: humidity
    platform: device
    device_id: 5ee1e8bf3385f017a6bd6e2580f1256e
    entity_id: sensor.bathroom_temperature_humidity_sensor_humidity
    domain: sensor
    below: 66
    condition:
    action:
  • type: turn_off
    device_id: 345c9d62308bb7822b45d767a7b15e6a
    entity_id: switch.sonoff_1001785e84_1
    domain: switch
    mode: parallel

The other one is below

alias: High Humidity
description: “”
trigger:

  • type: temperature
    platform: device
    device_id: 5ee1e8bf3385f017a6bd6e2580f1256e
    entity_id: sensor.bathroom_temperature_humidity_sensor_temperature
    domain: sensor
    above: 67
    condition:
    action:
  • type: turn_on
    device_id: 345c9d62308bb7822b45d767a7b15e6a
    entity_id: switch.sonoff_1001785e84_1
    domain: switch
    mode: parallel

This is automation config, not a log.
Go through the log and check why is it failing. Also, you can always run any automation manually to check if there are any errors. If it fails, you should be able to find the cause easily.

homeassistant.components.homeassistant.triggers.numeric_state
Source: components/homeassistant/triggers/numeric_state.py:185
Integration: Home Assistant Core Integration (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:13:17 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:26:30 AM

Error in ‘Low Humidity’ trigger: In ‘numeric_state’ condition: entity sensor.lumi_lumi_weather_humidity_3 state ‘’ cannot be processed as a number

It could be that you are using a wrong entity here, where the value is not a number. You should check all your entities, including the one already in use.