Expanding compatability of the RF 433MHz Bridge

So I recently bought an RF 433MHZ bridge and while the device is absolutely brilliant, the compatibility as sadly left me wanting. I have several RF remote switches that are not recognized by the device and I’m pretty sure they are using fixed codes as well.

Is it possible to upgrade the RF firmware to recognize a greater range of RF codes? Perhaps an advanced feature to enter the codes manually or enter into a raw listening mode?

I would rather all my devices remain within the ewelink app ecosystem as it pretty much covers all my needs as well as LAN control if needed. I have other sonoff devices and it is a bit awkward to have to flash third-party firmware for just the 433Mhz bridge.

1 Like

Loop @Daniel_Zhan from SONOFF team for further evaluation,
BTW, may I know does the other RF devices are SONOFF brand or not? place a link of on-line shop would be great helpful.

@Daniel_Zhan
I have a collection of RF433 controlled devices around the house and I had hoped to consolidate their control using the RF 433Mhz Bridge. I managed to pry open the remote controls and take a look at the transmitter chips inside:

Proteam HO1853 - Set of 4 Remote Sockets
The remote for those works with the bridge and it uses a SC52628 NW8G8EB chip.

LIGHT IT! By Fulcrum, 30036-308 WRC LED
The remote does NOT work with the bridge and it uses a ML260TX chip.

I also have a couple of off-brand remote controlled relays they are both not working bridge:

A 6 button relay switch that uses a CI R1530 812.1 chip.
A 4 button relay switch that uses a ADY501 19.12 chip.

I understand that there are limitations to the hardware in the bridge but it would be a great selling point if the EFM8BB1 chip in the bridge is utilized to it’s maximum capability without resorting to 3rd-party firmware.

I was also wondering, is the limitation number of RF devices (64) is a software issue or a hardware one? In my understanding if the RF codes forwarded via the application then it can be broadcast through the RF chip without a storage limitation on how many RF codes.

Anyway the fact that sonoff devices are so open and the implementation of the DIY mode in some of the devices certainly lends a lot of creditably for the brand as it means that those devices can receive community support for a very long time and this adds a great value to all your products.

Keep up the great work!

Welcome inprovements:

• 866 Mhz remotes in a new model
  • more than 64 devices
  • now Only one remote sensor code from a RF bridge can be used in a scene
  • ethernet in a new model

Is this device abandoned? Because I am not seeing any recent updates. I am VERY disappointed with the device. It doesn’t even support the listed accepted chips. I am not using rolling code. Also, in the past with the R1 device version, people were able to fiz the limitations implementing tasmota. Today, with the last version, it is just trash. I have bought it 9 months ago and was waiting for a fix.
If you don’t plan to fix the compatibility problems, could you at least evaluate the conversion of the device to a tasmota software? We just need to be able to upload the software without hardware changes! That will solve a lot of problems.
For your Information, I am buying a Tuya 433Mhz RF Bridge to be able to control and read my devices…
I have multiple Sonoff devices, including iHost, but I am slowly moving Tuya, due to low compatibility and standardization of the Sonoff devices.

1 Like

TUYA is going to eat you… They have more compatibility., more devices, and EWELINK does not can/want to show their better things… I have posted multiple improvements, not made forme. These are basic improvements for doing things easier:

• RF bridge support more devices, and use more than a rf code for triggering
  • Solve DST
  • Scene autodisable when done (VERY EASY OR NOT???)
4 Likes