Changing WiFi passwords directly inside your smart devices without re-paring them

Regardless of the reason, when thinking about changing Wi-Fi passwords, manually re-configure smart home devices definitely have a headache. Along with several outlets in the house, lighting, TH10… The majority of you need to delete your devices and then add them on eWeLink App one by one, which is a complete pain.

WiFi Settings

eWeLink new feature of “WiFi Settings” allows you to change WiFi passwords without re-paring them. Inside Device Settings of some of your smart devices, eWeLink has featured a new button"WiFi Settings" and you can change the WiFi passwords directly.

You need to confirm

Please make sure your smart devices are still online after changing the WiFi passwords. To achieve this, Tap on the LAN control and make sure both devices and the phone are connecting with the same Wi-Fi .

Quick Settings

Change the WiFi passwords in your devices after changing it in Router in just 3 steps.

1. Tap the button on the upper right of the page of your smart device.
  2. Roll down to find the “WiFi Settings” button in Devices Settings and Tap on it
  3. Change the passwords.

Note

At the moment not all smart devices in the market are featured “WiFi Settings” button. Please check the Device Settings of your smart devices. We will keep on working hard to support more brands and models.

To sad that only a little few devices do support in-app changing of the WiFi credentials. :frowning_face:

Actually, it’s depends on the capacity of the chipset, will make this feature initially with more qualified devices.

1 Like

Does this option still exist? I couldn’t find it

Yes, it still exists. But it is only supported on a very few newer types of devices.

This option is a bit tricky though. The new password has to be set on all the devices that allow it, and finally changed on the router and the phone. In my view, this is a questionable improvement.

you could integrate change network and password in the account settings, and once set to drop it would end up on all wifi devices connected to that particular account, so that you wouldn’t have to go crazy again if you change provider or change the name of the network.

That would require firmware updates and especially older devices might not have enough space on their memory to support such a feature. Aside of that some manufacturers are just lazy and never provide firmware updates.

1 Like

Hello, I understand well that my proposal is difficult to implement, especially for old devices, the solution that perhaps can be definitive to avoid having to rename the new network like the old one, is to put an access point and connect the devices to those, so that even if we change the main network they will always remain connected to the access point

That is one of the solutions. Another solution can be to just give the same SSID (network name) and password to the new router as the old router had.

The simplest and the most obvious.