【Add-on Guide】MQTT2CUBE-Tasmota: sync your Tasmota devices to CUBE

MQTT2CUBE-Tasmota add-on allows you to sync your Tasmota devices to iHost (CUBE) for control.

Make sure you’ve updated your iHost (CUBE) to V1.8

If you have a working MQTT broker and you want to keep using it, skip to step 6

If you want to run a MQTT broker in iHost and connect your Tasmota device, follow the step 1-6

Step 1

Create a volume, name it like mosquittoConfig

Step 2

Run the Filebrowser add-on, select the volume created in step1

Step 3

Open the page of filebrowser, create a new file named mosquitto.conf

add these two lines to the file and save

listener 1883
allow_anonymous true

Step 4

Install and run the eclipse-mosquitto add-on like following:
the green 1889 port can be changed to others, for the red part please keep the same as the pic shows

Step 5

login to your Tasmota device and go to Configuration-Configure MQTT to set the ip address and port
ip=ihost ip, port= the port you set in step4 (green)

Step 6

Run the MQTT2CUBE-Tasmota add-on
fill in the IP of your iHost and the port you set (green) in step4
(if you have a working MQTT broker, just fill in its ip and port)

Run the add-on and you’ll see your Tasmota device
click the Sync button to get access token,and sync it to iHost

For developers
This add-on is open on Github, if you’d like to know how it works, check on github:

I have 44 Tasmota devices, with (according to Home Assistant) 602 different entities!!
With Cube2Tasmota I get 27 devices…
And only the switches!!! So no temperatures, RF signals or power usage!
What’s the point having the devices when I cannot use the environment data to make scenes?

(at zigbee pir3 detect , turn on light and heating at 20%, or 40%, or 80% depending on available light outside from Light sensor, during 10,20,30 minutes depending on area temperature and solar production)

a number Scenes like this should manage my 100m² home with ease when my MS strikes again.

You can sync to 27 devices, at least shows that this addon can work - at present we only do the switch type device access, the next version will add the adaptation of the lamp type device. We will gradually add support for various capabilities - although we can’t guarantee support for all tasmota device capabilities, we can only try to adapt the simpler and standard capabilities.

Please note: this is only an open source demo of the MQTT protocol to the CUBE API - we have only verified the process of connecting tasmota devices to ihost via MQTT Broker.

Also - this addon code is open source and can be modified by anyone to add support for other capable devices in tasmota. The same - slightly modify the protocol conversion part of the code, can also achieve access to ESPHome devices

I followed this tutorial but I’m keep getting the error in the MQTT2CUBE-Tasmota log “sse connection error”

And the device is listed with the warning “Not supported yet”

Any idea what is going on?

what Tasmota device do you have?
currently supports switch/plug only

esp32 dev kit (ESP32-D0WD-V3) flashed with tasmota firmware and with 1 input enabled as switch

I was going to flash some B1s and pow R1 with tasmota so I could use them with the iHost. When are things other than switches being enabled?
Thanks, Eerke

Hello,

is there any update plan for this addon ?

I’m using Tasmota for my shutter and they are not supported …

I’ve also plan to use tasmota as a BLE gateway for some of my temp sensors as iHost doesn’t provide such gateway.

BTW, curtains are supported by IHost but not shutter, is there any plan for this support ?

There really needs to be a webpage with current device types that work with Tasmota.

Same is true of Matter supported device types.

And possibly a page for both: eg. Which devices that connect to the iHost via Tasmota are bridged by the iHost to matter.

Not sure how much Bluetooth connections are allowed. Seen the Bluetooth speakers in the Pilot options. Suggests the iHost can Bluetooth pair. I think the tasmota integration works via MQTT on wifi. I don’t even know if MQTT can be sent over Bluetooth. Would need to look it up.

Incidentally, if you’ve already got tasmota on them you could control the tasmota using the MQTT on Node Red and then create a virtual device on Node Red to replicate the tasmota. It’s a PITA but doable.

Step 6 gives me an error when i try to save the ip and port. I am running mosquito on the cube on external port 1884. It used to work but now will not accept the IP address of the cube. It will accept the fqdn but still doesnt work. I have tested the broker and no issues unless this addon is using something other than mqtt 3.1.1

UPDATE the new source code github address:

1 Like