【Add-on Guide】eWeLink Smart Home

hello,
I have sync then unsync and sync again the device. Moreover the lan controle is allowed for the device under ewelink app.
The lan control is impossible for my two devices with ihost : Basic R2 and TH16 switch.
Is there any additonal operation to do in the ewelink app ?
Cheers

Hi, do you mean there’s no LAN control option in the BasicR2 and TH16? or you’ve enable the LAN control on them but cannot control them in iHost?

can you help to submit the system logs for analyze?
please refer to this guide to submit the logs: https://appcms.coolkit.cn/ai-bridge/16537.html

Hi.
I checked the log and all looks fine.
I found that i am able to interact with device by adding a scene and maybe i have misunderstood the capability of ihost.
I though it was possible to turn on/off the TH16 or BasicR2 directly by interact with associated icone.
For TH16 i thought is was possible to visualize the temperature/humidité in a cast but it seems that it is not the case.

@Teki,

The HA has support to local sdk:
https://github.com/NabuCasa/home-assistant-google-assistant-local-sdk

This would allow voice command for Zigbee devices with local connection.

I tried here, but I can´t install without root. Here a video how to make the setup:

Last but not least, do you have plans to allow control of iHost devices from eWelink app ?
The eWelink app works for Google Assistant and Alexa, you can take advantage of LAN Control already implemented for Sonoff devices.

Why does eWeLink smart home tell me that Sonoff mini R4 is offline? The application eWeLink, as well as eWeLink web problems work with the same.

Can you help to submit system logs and eWeLink add-on logs?

f9493550-6d54-497a-bfe7-2e422c213f1c.zip (4.8 MB)

Can you submit the logs of the eWeLink add-on to help us further investigate the issue?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12hckUUdjX3kv01EXGNgGYZzLaFYyaMqJ

no access, you can just upload the logs via the Feedback button on iHost - Settings page

I changed the access permissions!

Can you control the device through the APP once and then check whether the device is back online on iHost?

When I started the device via the APP, it also became available on iHost (online), as if I had “awakened” it.

Unfortunately, after some time the device (Sonoff Mini R4) went offline again.

hi,
the ewelink smart home add-on has an update, please check on the add-on details page, try to update to see if problem resolved.

The eWelink smart home plugin was updated two or three days ago, which we hope you can see in the log files. The problem and unfortunately the problem still exists, the Sonoff Mini R4 is offline.

In the meantime, I tried to reinstall the eWeLink home plugin, but the problem was solved.

New update “2023-09-20 09:56:29” solved Mini R4 offline issue.

Thanks for the effort and help!

1 Like

Why can’t I sync the Mini R4M?

I have a different experience regarding the following topic mentioned in the introduction and it caused me 3 or 4 hours of headache cause I was not able to view or find my 2 new SonOff PowR20D switches and power consumption meters EVEN THOUGH my older ones PowR16 and PowR20D were still visible.

But the newest 2 were not visible, only in the app.

At the end I got behind the whole mess when I went into the ewelink setup and saw in the web gui what you have described as
“Not under your account:” with this advice “Check if this device was shared with you by someone else.”

Well, I had installed the new devices from my phone and in the right account so it seemed not to be true that this device has been shared with or from someone elses account.

So the solution at least for me to solve all the headaches of so many hours was quite simple:

Within the docker menu I chose to open the docker section and then inside the ewelink smarthome
After a few second on my 2 GB version the Web Ui opened and showed me the missing devices with the “Not under your account:” account without any further explanations that should be added instantly as a help remark next to the message. Then I cross checked with the app if these IDs of the new appeared devices would fit those IDs in the ewelink app I am using mostly. And boy, those were the missing devices IDs.

Solution ?

In my case I had to click on the right border on the triangle right of the account and then the LOG OUT option.
And then log in - for whatever reason suddenly the devices were now assigned to the account and they also appeared on the home screen.

In my opinion this is a huge mess and fault how to deal with the general topic.
New devices added by using the ewe app should appear on the home screen instantly and without the mess to get all behind the mystics of the log out and maybe even a restart I had performed.

Till know I was on the edge to sell the ihost after so many disappointing moments and lots of time wasted in investigations to get the system running properly.
But now it looks a lot better especially with the cast feature for the PowR xxx devices that can show the consumption graph.

If it would run smoothly ihost would be an easy platform to deploy a system but this was not the case for me.

Needs a lot of work to get the UI consistent and better or proper documentation.

Again: if someone buys a new sonoff device and pays the full price he should be able to use it out of the box and to connect such a device to his ihost .

thanks for sharing the topic above which was the key for me to dig deeper when google finally found the key words “Not under your account” in this topic for me.

Hi, thank you for the feedback, and sorry for what you’ve experienced.
You can just click on the refresh button, the list will be refreshed, devices under your account will be shown correctly.

We are considering optimizing so that newly added devices can be automatically synchronized to ihost, this may need some time.