ZigBee range

I want to ask if it is possible to extend the range of the ZigBee network using the AEOTEC Range Extender Zi (ZGA001-C15). It will register this device to the ZB Bridge-P gateway.

1 Like

If this device connects to ZBBridge, then yes, of course. However, I doubt that this will be possible. Note that any continuously powered device (e.g. light bulb, smart plug) is a Zigbee router and increases the network range. So look for a device that is sure to connect.

The device you provided is a Z-wave signal amplifier. It does not work as a zigbee amplifier.

If you want to buy a device I recommend sonoff MICRO zigbee usb. Or the new device sonoff ZBMINIR2. You can also use a cheap device from Aliexpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EyU55OV

1 Like

Thanks for the advice.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
CZK160.90 | eWeLink APP ZigBee 3.0 USB Signal Amplifier Extender Signal Repeater for Tuya Home Assistant SmartThings ZigBee2MQTT Tasmota
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzSnyMH

I bought one of these for each room and I have peace of mind

If you need extra Zigbee coverage, it’s a brilliant multifunction option. Other main-powered Zigbee devices, such as Zigbee lights and plugs, would also work.

Hello. Please tell me, what is the purpose of turning this device on and off? Why does it have a switch function?

The purpose is all too obvious. You can use the ZBMicro to control USB-powered devices. There are many of these, ranging from table lamps, fans or humidifiers. Not all of them are smart. You can also use this device to control the charging process.

I understand what USB micro is for. The question was about the device of the router from Aliexpress, to which the link was provided above.

I don’t know, probably because ewelink understands it as a socket. maybe it was originally, but like this it’s just a trimmed-down network support device. I read in some reviews that the zbsonoff socket will bring almost no improvement in the network. so i tried this and it works and is 50% cheaper.

It appears to have a USB bypass. And that’s probably what the on/off function is for. Given the clunky design of this device, this could be risky. Compared to the Sonoff ZBMicro, it comes off extremely poorly in terms of design. Having learned from experience with similar crap, I wouldn’t buy it.

SONOFF S26R2ZB Zigbee smart plug (aka socket) is something different from ZBMicro.
Secondly, Zigbee routers are not something like amplifiers and do not amplify the radio signal. From this misconception comes out a common and major misunderstanding. There are no miraculous Zigbee repeaters that cover a large area with a radio signal. It doesn’t work that way.
You write something about reviews. I have seen many on the internet that are completely unsupported by reliable measurements. Someone wrote something and called it a test. Rubbish!
I have been using the Sonoff ZBMicro for a while and I know how it works very well. I can only recommend it.

for the socket, I referred to the experiences of users here on the forum. I haven’t tested zb micro and I haven’t written anything about it either. I evaluated the device that I have tried.

On the forum, users often vent their disappointment. This has nothing to do with an objective evaluation.

but I am happy to try your recommendation

I’m happy as well :slight_smile:

The device in the link from Aliexpress is intended to increase the range of ZigBee.

is recognized by ewelink as a switch. you can use this function (as a virtual device) and create scenes depending on the device’s status.

Thank you! Please explain what is the advantage of a virtual switch over a manual scene? That a manual scene works through the cloud, that the zd device is controlled through the cloud. It would be a different matter if the zd device could be controlled locally from a phone to perform cloudless scenes. But I don’t understand why virtual switches are needed.

you can use the virtual switch when creating scenes as a change to where you store information and continue to work. ewelink itself does not yet allow changing where the information could be stored, and such a device with a free contact can replace the memory bit.

1 Like

I apologize, but can you please explain all this more openly and thoroughly? I don’t understand the meaning of what you wrote at all. I would be grateful for clarification!!!