What should I do after I change my WiFi router?

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. I will try to increase the “adding WiFi settings to all device models” priority, and it will be great if the new wifi configuration can be applied to all devices.

Any news about this “WiFi settings” issue?
Still waiting for a solution to avoid individual reparing.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi there, apologies for the delayed response.

Previously, I recommended to our manufacturer partners that they release new firmware versions(for different models) to support the WiFi Settings feature, which requires firmware support for the device to change to another WiFi SSID. However, we have not yet received a response from them regarding when they will release a firmware version.

I suggest that you also reach out to the manufacturer about this request. I believe that the process can be expedited through the joint efforts of both the eWeLink team and our users.

Hello, I have more than 20 Sonoff equipment (old and new) and none allow changing wifi. I did not understand why the option is so difficult to implement but it is extremely frustrating to see tutorials to change wifi and never find the wifi configuration menu.

1 Like

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that you’re unable to change the WiFi settings on your Sonoff devices. I completely understand your frustration, and we’re working hard to implement this feature across all device types and models. However, to enable this feature, firmware support is required for the device to change to another WiFi SSID, which means a new firmware release is needed.

Please be assured that we fully support and are committed to integrating this feature to all devices as soon as possible. I would also encourage you to reach out to the manufacturer about this request, as we believe that the process can be expedited through the joint efforts of both the eWeLink team and our users. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to improve our products to meet the needs of our users.

This can’t be right? It’s a simple bug fix and it takes years? How can i take this company seriously if they can’t do such basic things…

Not a bug, restrict by the chip itself, most of elder device’s chip haven’t the capability to do this.

When will this function be available for other devices?

It makes no sense to have to pair devices again, which due to their location (inside a false ceiling) makes them very difficult to access.

Also, if there is a wifi failure (not internet), when the wifi comes back on (same router, same ssid and same password), the devices don’t reconnect.

You’d think that after 2 years you’d have improved your service.

Thank you.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)