【New Feature】How to add a localized language to iHost

In iHost eWeLink CUBE V1.13.2, there’s a new feature Custom Language, it allows you to add a localized language to iHost.

If you have finished the translation and want to share the file, you can post here: Language File Contribute - eWeLink Forum

How to:

1.On the settings page, click the Download button behind the Language menu, to download the language template file in json format.

2.Open the json file with any text editor software, like Notepad on Windows, Apple TextEdit on macOS.

3.Translate the content in Original and fill them in Custom:

1. Finish all the translation you need and save the file.

5.Click the Upload button to upload your translated file, your iHost will display in your language.

1. Note: you can always click the ? button to view tutorials and notes.

Note:

1. Do not translate “${…}”, “{…}” and “"” in the “Original” text. Simply copy them into “Custom”.

2. Any untranslated or unrecognized content in the uploaded language file will default to English.

3. If you upload language files repeatedly, only the last uploaded file will take effect.

4. Firmware updates may add new content that requires re-translating. Follow the steps above again to add new content in the language you want.

Edit:

reminder from @ jam3

Edited and saved language files MUST be UTF-8 (without signature) encoded. Otherwise, the national characters will not be displayed correctly. This applies in particular to the languages of Central Europe (e.g. Czech, Croatian, Polish, Lithuanian), Eastern Europe (e.g. Ukrainian) and partly also Scandinavia.

Wonderful, wonderful! However, it would be great if the ready language files were available. As you may know at eWeLink, the localisation process is not a trivial matter. Not all users can cope with it.
I wonder when the long-awaited and important option to back up settings and add-ons will finally be added. What about the option to export/import Zigbee devices? Time settings? Of course, language files are important. However, I did not expect them to get such a high priority.

1 Like

Exactly as you write. There are more important things that should be done first.

Teki, you need to make it absolutely clear for users. Edited and saved language files MUST be UTF-8 (without signature) encoded. Otherwise, the national characters will not be displayed correctly. This applies in particular to the languages of Central Europe (e.g. Czech, Croatian, Polish, Lithuanian), Eastern Europe (e.g. Ukrainian) and partly also Scandinavia.

After the update, the new language options (upload/download) do not show. Reloading the page and rebooting do not help. Only clicking “Chinese” [中文] makes the new options reveal themselves.

In 1.13.2 I do not see any shocking changes so far. I wonder if eWeLink-Remote support has been improved. As for the Matter bridge and Alexa, it keeps sucking.

Edit: Nope, the eWeLink-Remote support has not been improved. After each Matter pairing attempt, the eWeLink Remote stops working. A reboot must be performed.

A post was merged into an existing topic: 【iHost Language】Brazilian Portuguese

Ha ha, yes, everyone can share their own translation files, discuss and modify together. We will consider making a special post to collect your contributions in different languages

1 Like

The idea is good, but the implementation will suck. This is not how it should be. The forum is not the right place. It will quickly become a mess and impossible to get threads right. Come up with something better because this idea is lame.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 【iHost Language】Russian

Hi,
I downloaded the file, I translated all the terms in the file and today after updating iHost to version 1.13.3 I tried to upload the file with the translation - iHost Language Pack Template.json
Uploading the file is impossible.
The error message:
File verification failed, please retry.
Have you blocked the possibility of uploading the file with the translation?

Can you post your translation file here?
So we can reproduce the problem.

Please refer to the instructions and make sure your file meets the following rules:
1, the file is in .json format;
2, the file size does not exceed 5M;
3, the file content has not modified the key;
4, the file content of the “Custom” after the existence of value.

If you are not sure if the above rules are met, please upload your file so I can help you identify it.