Looking for an extremely cheap security monitoring solution

A question for experienced guys. I am looking for an extremely cheap solution for my backyard. I have weird neighbours and can’t trust them. Is there any modern and cheap solutions? I have WiFi all over my house area.

Security camera with motion detection?

maybe this, but it has to be as cheap as possble

All good options are not cheap. I don’t even know what to recommend… Try some mobile app surveillance if you have an old phone, it might help. Just google it.

What? For example?

Try Faceter of Alfred for example. Its enough to watch over some areas

There are some options for you,
No1, the cheapest one, the eWeLink camera app allows you to turn your old, idle Android phone to a security camera and monitoring via your eWeLink app, Echo show, Nest Hub, and eWeLink web.
No 2, any security IP camera, like SONOFF CAM slim, subscribe to a plan to unlock the additional features may needed.
No 3, the geek one, using any cam development kit to set up a monitoring system by yourself, like ESP32 Cam devkit and training your own AI algorith.

And what’s the difference eWeLink camera app from Faceter cameara of Alfred? Which one is better?

Land mines. Definitely land mines.

It’s really hard to recommend, for me, the answer is eWeLink camera APP definitely.

I use a waterproof outdoor camera eWeLink IOT Camera manufactured by Woolley, but supported on the eWeLink App. It includes motion sensor, microphone and speaker and integrates with other devices as well (e.g. link it to the device that opens the gate) The price is quite reasonable and they work well. Model GK-200BF6D.

Hi pierred,
May I ask some question for this device,GK-200BF6D?

1. Could your device update to the latest firmware?
  2. Did you enable this device,GK-200BF6D, to use RTSP ? Could you see the live stream on VLC player?
    Thanks ~

Hi!
The device is on the latest firmware according to the eWeLink app.
I am not using RTSP. I monitor the camera using the eWeLink app, as well as the eWeLink advanced user browser. Both of these work well for me.
Regards

Pierre Durandt

1 Like

I think VLC works, just place the right RTSP URL and admin with password if needed.

1 Like

No, it didn’t work on VLC.
I have 2 GK-200MP2C devices and they work well with VLC & NVR while the other 2 GK-200BF6D ones didn’t work by means of the right RTSP URL on VLC player.
Firmware version is wired,too

~

Hi there, thanks for the additional info. Actually, the reason why you couldn’t see the GK-200BF6D live stream on VLC is that this model doesn’t support to use RTSP. As for its firmware update, have you failed to upgrade it to the latest version?

Adopt a dog from a shelter, a big one. And seriously, security can’t be cheap, I know something about it, I’ve been in it for 20 years

At home I have an alarm system, cameras and a large dog - unfortunately it’s not cheap but my wife and kids feel safe

alarm system - about $ 1000, the camera is about $ 300 each plus dog food :smile: :smile:

1 Like

https://ewelinkstore.com/product/woolley-outdoor-camera-r3-ewelink-app-compatible-1920x1080-px-fullhd-ir/?v=fa868488740a#toggle3|1
Sigh…It instructs this model supported with RTSP.

About firmware update, I have update it many…many times,but in vain,after the camera reboot, the result is the same as the above picture.
Or you could give me the firmware(rootfs.bin) and I will flash it from SD card manually. thx your support!!

Actually, this outdoor camera has several hardware models. Only GK-200BF6DB supports to use RTSP, however, GK-200BF6D does not.

1 Like