SONOFF iPlug S40TPB not appearing in IfTTT

Purchased SONOFF iPlug S40TPB off Amazon as it listed IfTTT support as a feature. I’ve upgraded eWeLink to enable IfTTT integration.

No eWeLink applets on IfTTT seems to support this plug. I’ve tried the following triggers…

• 1-Channel Plug turned on or off
  • Voltage goes above or below
  • Electric Current goes above or below

…and the results I get are like the 1-Channel Plug leading me nowhere…

"This trigger fires when your eWeLink Support 1-Channel Plug is turned on or off.

eWeLink Smart Home Account: No Nickname. (No other choices shown… is this a problem?)

Which 1-Channel Plug? No options found.

Turned on or off? On.

…surely S40TPB should be appearing for “Which 1-Channel Plug?” chooser instead of "No options found."

I’ve tried dis-connecting and re-connecting eWeLink Smart Home to IfTTT app.

Is this device just not supported yet?

Checking by tech team, get back to you ASAP.

I’ve “reconnected” eWeLink to IfTTT and now my updated name for my eWeLink profile (“Gord”) is reflected in IfTTT (instead of older “No Nickname”) however under “Which 1-Channel Switch?” I still see “No options found”.

I’ve tried rebooting my iPhone also.

Should I be trying to attach photos? (If it is unclear what I’m trying to do here.)

Maybe someone else with a S40TPB could confirm the device can be used, and tell me which type of Trigger I should be choosing? I can’t imagine it being anything other than these 3… “1-Channel Plug turned on or off” / “Voltage goes above or below” / “Electric current goes above or below”.

Hi, there, sth tricky happened in the integration with IFTTT, need time to location the issue and fix it.

As for the nickname, it’s a new feature of IFTTT which is still in preview stages, and the power up or down triggers won’t be supported due to the chipset’s capabilities.

Thanks for keeping me posted.

Sure, thanks for understanding.

Hello, checking in on this. There was an independent issue with S40 1.1.0 now resolved with 1.3.0… S40 kept returning to OFF state after losing power and I needed it to return to ON state. Now it does that. (Yay.)

So that leaves the remaining problem that I can’t seem to monitor voltage or current with IFTTT to set up any sort of trigger. Either one will do! Voltage OR current!

I need to monitor if something is drawing power at a particular time of day that would indicate an appliance has been left on. We intend to keep the S40 always ON and it is the appliance power switch people will use. So if I see current after-hours we know someone left the appliance on before leaving.

You said “triggers won’t be supported due to the chipset’s capabilities” …so unlike the power-on issue now addressed by firmware 1.3.0, this IFTTT-can-NOT-monitor-current will NEVER be addressed?

Can you give me some insight into why not? Because I need a product which does this, and if you can describe why S40 can’t I might have a better idea for what I’m looking for which can.

Morning,

For S40, we have 2 triggers and actions in IFTTT

Trigger:
1-Channel Switch turned on or off
1-Channel Plug turned on or off

Action
Turn 1-Channel Switch on or off
Turn 1-Channel Plug on or off

So you couldn’t set Voltage/Electric Current goes above or below. Of course, we often use Voltage/Electric Current to trigger in our daily life. We will talk with IFTTT to see if Voltage/Electric Current can be applied as trigger on S40

I don’t see support yet at IFTTT any news behind the scenes?

Which devices do support the “electric current goes above or below” trigger? I need the same as the OP and want to buy the proper device for it.

1 Like