WiFi smart TH switch - losing link

The device has dropped its wifi connection and the led is flashing about every 2 seconds.
I’ve powered it off and back on but it wont reconnect.
Suggestions please!

Hi there,

Have you tried to delete this device and re-add it to the app?

Unfortunately i cant see an option to delete the device as its greyed out…

So far I’m totally unimpressed with the app and the device. Having to reenter all user details/location each time i use the app, plus the obviously extremely flakey device connectivity makes me want to bin the lot…

Hi there, would you please provide the device ID? (You can reply to this thread or send me a private message)

Not sure what you mean by “device id” as there’s nothing labelled as such, however the Fcc id is 2APN5TH1016. The model is: TH10.
Thanks

Hi there, quick check internally, the device is offline now, would you please try to re-add this device?
The pairing steps:

1. please long press the manual button for about 5s until the
    Wi-Fi LED indicator changes in a cycle of two short and one long flash and release.
  2. Tap “+” and select “Quick Pairing”, then operate following the prompt on the eWeLink APP

Ive repeated the linking steps yet again and, yet again, the app fails to see the device.
Ive disabled 5ghz wifi.

I apologize, but the quickest solution to get the device back online is to re-add it. So I recommend attempting Fusion Link or Compatible Pairing Mode to achieve this. Please find the steps for each method below:
Fusion Link:

1. Enable the Fusion Link as it is a pilot feature.
  2. On the home page, tap the “+” symbol and follow the steps to pair your device.

Compatible Pairing Mode:
1.Long press Pairing button for 5s until the Wi-Fi LED indicator changes in a cycle
of two short flashes and one long flash and release. Then long press the Pairing button
for 5s again until the Wi-Fi LED indicator flashes quickly. The device enters
Compatible Pairing Mode.
2 Tap “+” and select “ Compatible Pairing Mode ” on APP.
Select Wi-Fi SSID with ITEAD-****** and enter the password 12345678, and then
go back to eWeLink APP and tap “Next”. Be patient until the pairing completes.

Well, that appeared to work but once the pairing completed the device has gone straight back to the 2 second flash and the app again says the device is off-line…

I suspect the device went offline due to fluctuations in the Wi-Fi connection after it was added to the eWeLink app. The device often tries to find the Wi-Fi signal and reconnect on its own in such cases. Is the device still offline? If so, kindly provide the device ID.

FCC ID 2APN5TH1016

Still showing offline in the app and flashing every c. 2 seconds

Hi - I’ve been playing further to try to fix connectivity…
Using my mobile hotspot I’ve been able to connect/configure the device. For the hour or so I’ve left my hot-spot active the blue led has remained solid and I can see the device in the app. As soon as I stop the hot-spot the device goes offline but then reconnects to my hot-spot when I again enable it.

I have a bunch of other smart kit running happily on my network and none have issues.

Your response on next steps?

Hi there, may I know how many devices you have connected to the network? It’s possible that the number of devices you have connected to the network has reached the router’s limit, so the new add device might go offline quickly.

I had already checked that as my router only allows 32 devices - but not the issue.

Hi - the device has decided to go online. Ive made no changes.
Will monitor…

That didn’t last long - back.off line again.
No network, or other, changes.
Looks like a switch fault. Can you provide a replacement?

hi, please check your wi-fi settings on your router, try to change you wi-fi network working mode to 802.11b/g/n mixed, this option may be found on your router’s management page, under wi-fi or advanced menu.

Thanks.
Have looked at settings and 2.4ghz devices are connecting BGN already.

Just noticed that your device work well with phone hotspot, then the problem is likely to be the settings on Wi-Fi, try to change the wifi signal channel, frequency, and maybe you can try to create a 2.4ghz guest network for the device to see if it works.