[Alexa related issue]Sonoff devices are automatically and randomly turning off

Hello
I apologize for being late in responding. I spent the last few days with my team, gathering information about the “devices randomly turning on and off” issue. Based on the feedback we’ve received from users, we have set up test devices to better locate the issue.

Here are some solutions that have worked for other users:

1. If you have linked the eWeLink skill to the Amazon Alexa app, please unlink it, delete the device, and then re-add them to the eWeLink app. We are currently reaching out to Alexa to see if the connection may be causing the issue.
  2. Assign a fixed IP address to the device. We’ve found that some devices may not obtain a new IP address when the router restarts and DHCP automatically assign addresses, which can result in the device turning on and off abnormally. To prevent this, we recommend assigning a fixed IP address to the device. If you need help with this, please contact your ISP provider.

At the same time, we are also further investigating the reasons behind the chip or firmware and will keep you posted. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

1 Like