We’ve added a volume management feature on Docker, now you can create or delete volumes, as well as specify a volume for an add-on before running it.
Now you can configure environment variables, commands, and volume parameters for add on before running it.
- Now you can check your password on the login page by clicking the display button.
- Fixed the delay issue of smart scenes.
- Fix the problem that zigbee map cannot be displayed after adding some third-party zigbee devices.
- There is a bug in the current version, when you create a scene, if you set the scene timed hour=7h later, minutes=minutes of the current time, the scene will trigger immediately, for example, current time 00:15, set time 07:15 will trigger the scene immediately, please avoid this in this version. We’ll fix this bug as soon as possible.
V1.6.0 what's new
We are dedicated to expediting the release of eWeLink CUBE updates to provide more new features and address known issues, especially those related to TF card compatibility, which we have received frequent feedback on recently.
Today, we are rolling out the V1.6.0 update for it. Let’s take a look at what’s new and what has been fixed:
- Added Pilot Features menu, in which a new feature Zigbee2CUBE is available, allowing you to add non-Zigbee 3.0 devices.
- The time on iHost will automatically switch between daylight saving time and standard time.
- Uninstalled add-ons can be removed from the add-on list.
- The webUI of HomeBridge and Node-RED is accessible on their detail pages.
- Mute system volume with one press on the mute button.
- Fixed known TF-card related issues.
- Resolved loading failure of eWeLink Smart Home Add-on WebUI.
- Fixed the length limitation for email address input on the feedback page.
Here are the two points we would like to expand on:
First, we have fixed the known TF card compatibility issues.
Since the release of V1.5.5 two weeks ago, we have received feedback from nearly 20 kind users, and we greatly appreciate their understanding and collaboration in resolving these issues. Among the reported issues, TF card-related issues have been the most common, including:
- Previously working TF cards became incompatible after updating to V1.5.5.
- The prompt to format the TF card after updating to V1.5.5 leads to an unsuccessful formatting loop.
- Continuous “checking if the card is inserted” or “loading add-on” after updating to V1.5.5.
In V1.6.0, we have optimized the card loading process, improved the startup sequence of Docker, most importantly further enhanced TF card compatibility by referring to multiple specifications from the SD Association. Our goal is to ensure that TF cards from any brand, as long as they are manufactured strictly in accordance with the SD Association’s standards and have a speed class of 10 or higher, can work seamlessly with the eWeLink CUBE-powered localized smart home platform, like the iHost.
Of course, achieving this is no easy task, and it will take a long adventure journey to reach the other side, we hope that you guys can join us in making this happen together.
Secondly, Zigbee2CUBE provides the ability to be compatible with NON-ZigBee 3.0 standard protocol devices.
One frequently asked question is, ‘Why can’t I add my XYZ Zigbee devices to iHost?’
This is another compatibility issue, specifically regarding compatibility with non-ZigBee 3.0 standard devices. Alexxie, has posted a topic on the forum to explain and clarify the compatibility of Zigbee devices. Despite this task’s challenges and time-consuming nature, we have decided to take the move and provide the ability to be compatible with NON-ZigBee 3.0 standard protocol devices.
Therefore, in V1.6.0, we will provide a new add-on called Zigbee2CUBE through Pilot Features to meet this capability. It is important to note that the disclosed pilot features are still under development and intended for users willing to preview, try them out, and collaborate with us in shaping them before their public release, These features may lack important functionality, undergo future breaking changes, or be removed or replaced in later updates based on comprehensive considerations. It is highly recommended not to use them for running production workloads.
That’s for the V1.6.0 update. We can’t wait for you guys to download, install, and experience it.
Please feel free to share your feedback, issues, and ideas with us.
V1.5.5 what's new
-Fixed some issues about TF card formatting failure.
-Optimized the formatting procedure of TF card.
-Added the ability to automatically detect and fix disk issues.
-Enhanced recovery mechanism for Docker after unexpected power failure or system crash.
V1.5.0 what's new
eWeLink CUBE has been updated to version 1.5 with the following updates.
1. Zigbee network map
The Zigbee network map provides a visual representation of the network topology of a Zigbee network.
2. System log
Now you can choose to enable or disable the system logs on the system settings page.
3. eWeLink CUBE introduction
Added an introduction button about eWeLink CUBE at the bottom left.