♨ eWeLink CAST Updates: V2.9 on April 1 - More devices supported

Hello, is there any Plans to make Charts for Temperature and Humidity available from NSPanel, i was thinking to use it for my Heating System and it would be great to have the data in Cast.

Hello! I am “inventing” eWeLink and smart controlling, just in a few days and I am an enthusiast!.. Congrats for the app!

Question: is there any possibility to add virtual devices?

Details: Could be used for supplementary control as “booleans”.

Example: via conditional control of various devices, a task (A) should be triggered, however I may have to prevent it, if another task (B) was triggered during the past hour (no matter how long it lasted p.e. just a few minutes).

Solution: On task (B) triggering I could also turn on a virtual switch (C), set with 60min inching. On conditional checking for triggering task (A) I add as AND operator the ‘off’ status of the virtual switch (C).

Alternative: I know… Buy an actual switch (p.e.Sonoff R2) and use it as above (timer). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, virtual devices or maybe timers could prove quite useful.

Hi , sorry the SPM devices are not supported yet.

Hi, yes, support for NSPanels is planned, will be added in subsequent releases.

Currently no support virtual device feature.
I’ll pass on your requirements to the development team.

1 Like

@Teki let’s dig to see if it is possible to have SPM supported.

Hello guys.

Unfortunately I have a problem with my camera. I have the new version with cloud service and I want to connect it to my Google nest hub. When it starts, first it gets into idle mode. I press live video and the indicator is green and mentions live, but the screen is black.

Any help please!?

I think @PeterGoGo have check this issue for you in another topic.

Spoiler alert:
We are considering optimizing the layout of the Cast to a grid-based design, so that users can freely mix and match all tiles according to your preferences.

And evaluation of bring Spotify control panel to the Cast dashboard is on going too, free to let us know your wighet request. :grinning:

1 Like

I have 6 ewelink switches and I find the notification that electricity supply is out is very good, but I would appreciate it if I would also get a message when the electricity supply comes back on… otherwise I need to constantly re-check to see if supply is back on.

1 Like

Have you tried the feature called POWER-ON STATE?
Which give you the peace by keeping the state as set after power back on.eWeLink app feature: Power-on State #smarthome #shorts - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but the way I understand it is that the power on state simply puts the switch in on/off position according to how it was before the electricity went out. This will not help me … I need a notification that electricity is back and switch back online. For example I operate an IP Cam and if I get notified that electricity is on I can check the state of my apartment which is in another country.

Get, a feature like “send me a notification when the device is back online”, we do did some research last year, the difficult part is that it’s really hard to tell “power down offline” between “other offline”, sth caused by router issue or network issue, which may involve lots of “meaningless” even “noising” notifications to users.

Thanks for the quick answer… hope you get to solve this in the future… to put you in the picture … the flat is in a war area and they are rationing the electricity to some 4 hours per day. We had installed all ewelink controlled switches and we have an IP cam ( we literally use the cam to see if the area had been bombed) but unfortunately, we get a message when electricity is off but then we need to constantly check if by coincidence it is turned on again. I am just letting know the situation just so that you can understand the technical need… still thanks so much for answering so quickly… wish you a great weekend.

We will keep an eye on it, stay safe you there.

1 Like

Hello,

I have a problem. Why is my ZBMINI-L not visible in cast(in select devices). In Ewelink dashboard in Ewelink web is visible.

Peter

Checked, i think the real situation here is that you have two ZBMINI-L, one is displayed as normal but the other one is not visible. it’s because there are two versions of ZBMINI-L and only one is supported by Cast, we will add it in the next versions, planned release by the end of March.

Thank you

1 Like

Always.

As I sad in an other post it would be nice if a list of cast supported devices exist. A list that can be viewed by users and updated by eWeLink stuff.