♨ eWeLink CAST Updates: V2.9 on April 1 - More devices supported

on the youtube video page, click Share - Embed - copy the code and paste them on CAST settings page- Settings tab - Custom text

Посилання копіюється тільки в такому форматі
https://youu.be/f8gKWAgDAZY?si=lQrjCDNXYhg9vD-
Що в неї потрібно вставити - прописати ? Такого пункту як “встроїти” нема. Є лише кнопка копіювати і все.

You needed to get the emended code for the video not the regular URL.
Press your right button of your mouse on the video palyer–>embedded.

Дякую. Все вийшло. Справа в тому, що я намагався все зробити з планшету, а там не має “вставити”, така можливість є тільки на пк, а це для мене дуже не зручно бо я не користуюсь давно пк. Ще одне зауваження. Встановлення відео з YouTube в cast, це якась маячня !!! Хто буде кожного разу вставляти відео ролик в cast для його перегляду ??? Зручніше вже буде просто дивитись на YouTube і не робити зайвих рухів. Інша справа як би була можливість перегляду будь яких відео - як в самому YouTube з строчкою пошуку і так далі … А так це поки що безглуздя якесь. Зі Spotify ситуація звісно краща. Що ще можна зробити за допомогою тексту користувача ?

AHA, just show the possibilities, but some of user embedded their favorite broadcast, as for the text, one case is add memo, or beautiful poems even.

@yitie @port4u

Can you please share the iframe code that you use in order to get the Apple Music and Spotify integrated in the ewelink cast?

By the way @Teki is there any way to use this kind of way to play a favorite list of videos in the YouTube also ? Link

Thank you for your replies

Hey

Here’s the step for Apple Music:

1. Open Apple Music (Desktop/Mac version)
  2. Go to your favorite playlist/song/album
  3. click on the three-dot icon next to them
  4. in the pop-up menu click Share - Copy embed code

It would look like this:

<iframe allow="autoplay *; encrypted-media *; fullscreen *; clipboard-write" frameborder="0" height="450" style="width:100%;max-width:660px;overflow:hidden;border-radius:10px;" sandbox="allow-forms allow-popups allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-storage-access-by-user-activation allow-top-navigation-by-user-activation" src="https://embed.music.apple.com/us/playlist/just-dance-2021/pl.u-GgA5eVgSZ1rZdRN"></iframe>

yes,
You can create a video list.
for example on this page of video list: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3cdVloppBaxcGn7EjAMPVV-_HJq6DyqZ
click the share button and then select embed, there are the codes.

What an incredible achievement this is :clap: :clap: :clap:
The video list and other f*ck-ups are what humanity is most looking forward to. Meanwhile, TRVZB’s are still not supported and it’s not clear why the hell one spends 10 bucks on a subscription.

Take it easy man, it doesn’t mean other users don’t need it, let push the eWeLink guys put more eyes on device supported, especially those new releases.

I’m cool, thank you very much :sunglasses:

Finally, there is support for TRVZB with schedulers. This is an important achievement. Congratulations and thanks! :+1: :clap:

Edited: Thermostat-related scenes synchronise only partially between eWeLink Web and App. This is about the temperature in manual mode. There can be two different settings. The scenes set temperature independently, which they should not.

Hi, at the moment I have seen that it is not possible to have multiple display sizes for all devices and in some cases this causes the text not to be displayed. In other cases I would like to give greater prominence to some devices and I could do so by increasing the size. I would like to know if the possibility of changing the size of devices such as Mini R2 and Mini R4 is planned and when. Thank you

Hey

Thx for the feedback, we will consider this feature for MINIR2/R4 in CAST

1 Like

in CAST I miss:

1. widteg with a website
  2. widteg with the implementation of a third-party device, e.g.: 2a) connecting the four scenes to spot energy prices 2b) implementing a photovoltaic power plant (goodwe, etc…)

Hey

1 - You can add adaptive iframe to CAST in the text field, or you mean a whole tab/view for this purpose?

2 - We are looking to expand the supported list, figuring out a universal way for these devices

3 - More energy-related feature is WIP for Web, stay tuned

Hi, regarding the lights controlled by the Dual R3 on ewelink there is the possibility of viewing them separately, it would be interesting to have this opportunity also on CAST. All this not only to be able to control the lights more easily without having to open another mask but also because the assigned names would be visible, today they are only seen after opening the mask of the relevant device and for a few characters.

1 Like

Hi, a couple of people who I had installed Ewelink Cast on a wall-mounted tablet pointed out to me that the available wallpapers which have a color that goes from intense at the top and fades at the bottom have a contraindication: they don’t read well the name of the device, especially if the device is turned off at that moment. It would be decisive to be able to choose the background with a customizable image or color.
Immagine 2024-04-09 181436

Thx for your feedback, will forward your kind advice to our CAST team

Either they don’t care about ergonomics at eWeLink, or they don’t pay attention to testing. Or both, as this is not the first time this has happened. Bug fixes of this kind then take weeks, or no one deals with this at all :-1: