Android Auto

Hi all,
Yesterday I configured the Samsung SmartThing to use eWeLink device.
Then on my android Auto I opened the SmartThing app to access my favorites scenes, like the one that will open the gate to access with the car.

This kind of configuration is a but tricky to be done and some time fail too.

Are you maybe planning to have a compatible app for Android auto and maybe Apple Auto to access directly from the car screen the favorites scenes?

Thanks
Pasquale

That’s a interesting try out, some of our users have similar exploration like Come controllare i tuoi dispositivi SONOFF in auto? - DOMOFACILE.

As APP for cars, we don’t have a plan yet, but one consideration is that if the experience of control device via touch-screens from cars is safety and convince, or the integration of voice assistant is better than an APP for cars.

1 Like

it better to use app on car screen rather than phone as on car screen, you just need to scroll thrubthe app. on phone, holding phone with one hand, looking at ewelink on phone, scrolling, etc, is not safe

i have tried it out on home assistance, it much safer

this is not safe. we only need one button to open/close gate from android auto.

check out what home assistant did. simple. to go thru ewelink web searching for the right button is no no

We have launched the CAST app for tablets month ago, some of the users downloaded and installed it on there cars, but I’m not sure if it can be done with different cars, which is all controled by the car’s manufacture.

Join us with the CAST feature discussion here ♨ eWeLink CAST Updates: Version 2.6 - iframe tags supported - #186 by Teki

i have tried it. but need to be paid user just to open my gate🤦

Adding IOT to a car seems like a bad idea to me, but I’m an old man and I don’t follow trends.

In terms of safety in the car… do you people use this while driving? Do you need to open the gate while driving? This is probably trying to force the problem and inventing a threat… stop the car and open the gate safely!

Some services cost extra, unfortunately…

If HA has it implemented and it is a good solution, why not use it? Sonoff/eWeLink can work with HA…

Does Android Auto have the ability to create buttons? Something like the url shortcut… Then a webhook would be enough and it can be done without $$$. The question is whether Android Auto has something in it or you can install something additional, shortcut applications.

On Android auto a shortcut that will make an http call to a defined webhook that will initialize the Sonoff device. If someone doesn’t want to pay for eweink web, you can do it for free using https://sequematic.com/

It’s just a matter of initiating the call url on the AA side. Of course if, AA has access to the Internet all the time…

no. not while driving. but when already in front of the house, rather searching for apps or remote. nice to have in the car

1 Like